Family Bushcraft Weekend
17th August 2020
Springwood , Melbourne,
A truly magnificent weekend of “WOWS” for the whole family
A great day grasping the basics of Bushcraft from one of the most established schools in the UK.
There is no WIFI in the forest but we promise you will find a better connection
During the weekend you’ll get to:
- Learn how to build an effective weatherproof shelter from woodland materials you gather
- Learn efficient fire lighting techniques, including successful friction lighting
- Make string from natural materials
- Explore different tracking techniques
- Sample some tasty wild food
What to bring
Bring a packed lunch and enthusiasm
Where sensible outdoors clothes and footwear
About the instructor
Dave Watson has devoted his life to using his bushcraft skills to help develop, train or mentor people from all walks of life. He spent ten years working for outdoor activity centres, before setting up Woodland Survival Crafts in 1995.
Dave’s passion for ancient survival skills, or ‘bushcraft’ as it has become known, stems from his teenage years when he spent much of his time wandering around Britain in semi-wild places trying to live off the land. His passion is infectious and his knowledge is endless.