Bow Drill Master Course
17th August 2020
Springwood , Melbourne,
During the weekend you will not only hone your technique and build your confidence in creating fire from natural materials but you will also get to make your own bow drill set.
On this weekend, you will:
- Refine your technique and understanding
- Compare a variety of woods for the drill and hearth board
- Make and use natural cord
- Interpret your surroundings
- Order the priority of finding materials
- Make your own high-quality bow drill set
- Create a personal plan of preparation
What to bring
Bring a packed lunch and enthusiasm
Where sensible outdoors clothes and footwear
About the instructor
Dave Watson has devoted his life to using his bushcraft skills to help develop, train or mentor people from all walks of life. He spent ten years working for outdoor activity centres, before setting up Woodland Survival Crafts in 1995.
Dave’s passion for ancient survival skills, or ‘bushcraft’ as it has become known, stems from his teenage years when he spent much of his time wandering around Britain in semi-wild places trying to live off the land. His passion is infectious and his knowledge is endless.